At the November meeting the Portfolios are due to be presented.
Recently your committee agreed on the following Portfolio Instructions
What is a Portfolio?
Your syllabus says…
“The portfolio is an opportunity to showcase your skills by using a selection of your images to tell us something around a single idea, unifying theme or style.”
- Portfolios will be made of printed images only.
- The minimum number of images in your portfolio will be 6 and the maximum number of images is 8.
- Only one entry per member is allowed.
- Images must be mounted on the backing board which will be provided to members at no cost to them.
- Images will be directly mounted to the surface.
- The Backing Board is sized 1189cm X 841cm.
- Images can be of any size as long as they all fit when mounted on one side of the single piece of backing board provided.
- When mounting the images members should consider that the order and placement of their images affects how well a viewer or judge may interpret the idea or theme.
Note: For those members who would like to give the idea a try, but do not have access to quality printers, or who are not sure how to prepare an image for printing; please ask a committee member for assistance. We intend to run a ‘printing’ workshop in mid-year.
— Peter McNeur, President