The Wairarapa Camera club exists to encourage the study and practice of photography in our region. We provide a range of activities for members and offer opportunities for the wider community to engage with photography and with us.
Our activities include.
Regular (monthly) meetings
Our usual monthly meetings take the form of:
- either sharing photography that members have produced and engaging in critique and evaluation of images, facilitated by a visiting ‘judge’. For historical reasons these evenings are called ‘competitions’ as they are in many Photographic Societies;
- or presentations of photography and techniques by invited special guests.
We also run Workshops.
- Our workshops are often run in conjunction with REAP Wairarapa and they are for both members and community members who wish to participate. Workshops cover both practical camera and ‘shooting’ techniques and image processing and presentation.
A couple of times a year we have club trips
- Trips are sometimes one-day trips to photogenic locations in the region, or
- occasionally multiday trips to places further afield.
Biennially, we mount an Exhibition of members’ work at Aratoi
Members choose photographs to submit for selection, and selected photographs are printed, framed, and displayed in Aratoi. Our regular exhibitions are a chance for members to share their talents with a wider audience.
Images exhibited in recent years can be seen here.